“Contentious probate” is a legal term used to describe a dispute involving a Will or an inheritance. This topic has become much more prevalent over the last few years.
Our litigation department works closely with the private client department that routinely handles Will planning and Probate matters to bring a blend of expert knowledge in the highly specialised field of inheritance disputes, Will disputes and contentious probate.
We are able to provide sympathetic assistance with a wide range of cases, including:
- claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- claims challenging the validity of a Will
- claims seeking the directions of the Court regarding the administration of an estate, including applications to remove and replace Executors
- claims regarding disputes among children when a parent dies intestate
- disputes arising between children and the partner of a parent where the couple were not married
- claims involving allegations of duress or undue influence
We are used to dealing sensitively with family disputes. Wherever possible we seek to achieve an early, cost-effective resolution for our clients through the use of pre-action protocols and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). When that does not prove possible, clients benefit from our significant litigation experience.
Finding a solicitor who is a specialist in contentious probate cases is not easy, as most solicitors are either specialists in litigation, but not probate, or probate solicitors with no experience in litigation. We offer a rare blend of both specialisms and a keen knowledge of all the technical rules regarding probate that are essential to protecting your interests.
For more information about contesting Wills or any other Contentious Probate issue, or to schedule an appointment, please contact Tracey Smith directly on 01634 304001.
Take the next Step
Call our Solicitors in Kent on 01634 304 000 or fill out the simple form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible